Milliman’s UK Health Cost Guidelines™ (HCGs) is a tool for modelling health costs and utilisation from a payer perspective to provide a consistent way to price and analyse claims experience. The 2016 Milliman UK HCGs cover a significant proportion of the private medical insurance (PMI) market, comprising base tables for each sector of the market: corporate, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), and the individual market.
Further analytics include looking at cancer trends and cancer-specific costs by service lines. In this article, Milliman’s Joanne Buckle, Neha Taneja, and Natasha Singhal provide an introduction to the HCGs. They also provide perspective on their HCGs analysis, focusing primarily on cancer-related research and future projections in cancer trends.
Milliman announced today that it will showcase its growing line of Healthcare Intelligence products and solutions at AHIP’s Institute 2014, June 11-13, in Seattle. Milliman is exhibiting as an AHIP major sponsor and conference attendees will be able to stop by booth 810 to learn more about or schedule private presentations for all Milliman Healthcare Intelligence products.
Kent Sacia, Milliman Principal, is a featured panelist at AHIP’s Data Analytics Forum, part of the extended Institute Plus conference, and will discuss infrastructure, technology challenges, and the future of big data.
Milliman Healthcare Intelligence products such as MedInsight®, IntelliScript®, Health Cost Guidelines™, and Milliman Advanced Risk Technologies™ will be represented, along with newer products including HealthcareEDU and MyRxConsultant.
Many Milliman Healthcare Intelligence practices will be on site to showcase their latest products and releases:
• The MedInsight team will be available to discuss the upcoming launch of its new MedInsight Platform this fall, built on Microsoft’s powerful Analytic Services Platform. This significant update will improve client data refresh time by as much as 75% and data retrieval time by as much as 90%.
• IntelliScript will be featuring AlertRx, a tool for payors to optimize their risk adjustment revenue.
• Health Cost Guidelines (HCG) will be on site to discuss the data and rating tools for modeling healthcare utilization and to showcase the HCG Grouper software that sorts medical and pharmacy claims data into hospital, surgical, medical, and other benefit service categories.
• The Advanced Risk Technologies team will be highlighting their latest release of Milliman Advanced Risk Adjusters™ (MARA™), Milliman’s powerful risk adjustment and predictive modeling software.
• MyRxConsultant will be showcasing their product of the same name, a pharmacy analytics tool that processes claim data to generate pharmacy benefit costs and experience reports on demand.
• HealthcareEDU will be demonstrating their new e-learning courses, specializing in educating your workforce on the healthcare market and its evolution.
To learn more about Milliman Healthcare Intelligence, visit booth 810 at AHIP’s Institute, or visit us at www.milliman.com.