Milliman’s Paul Houchens and Fritz Busch will speak at this year’s National Conference on the Individual and Small-Group Markets hosted by America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) on March 8 in Washington D.C. The consultants will talk about the role that reinsurance and high-risk pool programs may play in the individual market. The talk is based on their published paper “Reinsurance and high-risk pools: Past, present, and future role in the individual health insurance market.”
For more information about the conference, click here.
Milliman announced today that it will showcase its growing line of Healthcare Intelligence products and solutions at AHIP’s Institute 2014, June 11-13, in Seattle. Milliman is exhibiting as an AHIP major sponsor and conference attendees will be able to stop by booth 810 to learn more about or schedule private presentations for all Milliman Healthcare Intelligence products.
Kent Sacia, Milliman Principal, is a featured panelist at AHIP’s Data Analytics Forum, part of the extended Institute Plus conference, and will discuss infrastructure, technology challenges, and the future of big data.
Milliman Healthcare Intelligence products such as MedInsight®, IntelliScript®, Health Cost Guidelines™, and Milliman Advanced Risk Technologies™ will be represented, along with newer products including HealthcareEDU and MyRxConsultant.
Many Milliman Healthcare Intelligence practices will be on site to showcase their latest products and releases:
• The MedInsight team will be available to discuss the upcoming launch of its new MedInsight Platform this fall, built on Microsoft’s powerful Analytic Services Platform. This significant update will improve client data refresh time by as much as 75% and data retrieval time by as much as 90%.
• IntelliScript will be featuring AlertRx, a tool for payors to optimize their risk adjustment revenue.
• Health Cost Guidelines (HCG) will be on site to discuss the data and rating tools for modeling healthcare utilization and to showcase the HCG Grouper software that sorts medical and pharmacy claims data into hospital, surgical, medical, and other benefit service categories.
• The Advanced Risk Technologies team will be highlighting their latest release of Milliman Advanced Risk Adjusters™ (MARA™), Milliman’s powerful risk adjustment and predictive modeling software.
• MyRxConsultant will be showcasing their product of the same name, a pharmacy analytics tool that processes claim data to generate pharmacy benefit costs and experience reports on demand.
• HealthcareEDU will be demonstrating their new e-learning courses, specializing in educating your workforce on the healthcare market and its evolution.
To learn more about Milliman Healthcare Intelligence, visit booth 810 at AHIP’s Institute, or visit us at www.milliman.com.
With the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) now in full swing, this is a great time to meet with colleagues to further understand our rapidly changing industry. From June 12 to 14, Milliman will take a leading role in the discussion of healthcare transformation at the AHIP Institute 2013.
Location: Wynn Las Vegas | Encore
Visit us at booth 239 to learn more about Milliman’s products and services, including MedInsight, IntelliScript, Milliman Advanced Risk Adjusters (MARA), and the Milliman Health Cost Guidelines™. To schedule a meeting with us, email Bridget Watson at email@example.com.
Find out more about Milliman and its practices.
Milliman principal John Pickering was quoted by CNN Money today in an article about how the underinsured are affecting the cost of healthcare for all Americans. In John’s words:
“If the underinsured can’t pay the bills, the hospital either writes it off as bad debt or shifts the cost to its charity care program,” said John Pickering, principal and consulting actuary with consulting firm Milliman Inc.
“It’s a vicious cycle,” said Pickering.
John and fellow Milliman principal Will Fox have conducted key analysis for AHIP on the shifting of costs across the healthcare system.