More healthcare-related regulatory news for plan sponsors, including links to detailed information.
New ACA implementation FAQs: Preventive services, mental health parity, and women’s health
The U.S. Departments of Treasury, Labor (DOL), and Health and Human Services (HHS) published frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) implementation (Part 31). The FAQ covers:
• Coverage of Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved contraceptives
• Out-of-network emergency services
• Coverage for individuals participating in approved clinical trials
• Limitations on cost-sharing under the ACA
• Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008
• The Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act
To read the entire FAQ, click here.