Politico summarizes what’s new as of January 1, 2011. Here’s their list:
- Beginning Jan. 1, and at the start of any quarter between then and Jan. 1, 2014, states can elect to enact the Medicaid expansion early.
- Over-the-counter drugs can no longer be covered by HSA or FSA plans without a doc’s note.
- Medical loss ratio rules go into effect.
- Deadline for the HHS Secretary to identify and publish a recommended core set of health quality measures for Medicaid-eligible adults
- The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation must be created.
- Drug makers have to provide a 50 percent discount on brand-name drugs in the donut hole and generics are phased in.
- Preventive care is covered with no cost sharing and primary care services get a 10 percent Medicare bonus.
- Some payment changes for MA plans go into effect.
- CLASS program begins.